Thursday, September 2, 2010

Facebook

Yesterday I finally decided to announce that I have a blog. Oh that Facebook - it never disappoints. Posting the link to this blog created a mix of comments. A few funny, some matter of fact and even one or two slightly disheartened by my choices. One particular comment was:

Interesting that some of the best candidates to be parents are choosing not to be parents. Fortunately lots are also choosing to be parents.

Though I appreciate the confidence in my abilities to be able to successfully raise children it has more to do with those that are not the best candidates. Why should I have kids when there are already so many in the world that need parents who are able to be parents instead of growing up (or not) alongside their children? Though no plan to have children, it is my plan to make a difference in the lives of as many of them as possible. One child at a time, one day at a time.



No comments: